For solicitors and public bodies instructing me
I will work on the basis of established graduated fee schemes for public funding or private fees to be agreed.
For members of the public instructing me directly
Needing legal advice is often a stressful situation. I strongly believe that stress should not be compounded by uncertainty about how much you are going to pay.
I will charge you a fixed fee that we will agree in advance based on a quote I will provide. I will make clear in writing what I am going to be doing for you and what the fee for this will be. I will give you an individual quote based on all the circumstances of your case.
As a general rule, and subject to the complexity of the case, I charge:
For up to a day in court: £300 to £1000 (this includes my time in preparing to present your case to the court, which may take several or days in some cases)
For written legal advice: £200 to £1000
Letters to other parties or to the court: £40 to £150
The above is only a guidelines. I will give you an individual quote based on your case.
The quote I will give you will usually include time for discussions in person or on the phone for me to take the information I need from you and to review paperwork and for any legal research.
When you hire me as your barrister you are getting someone who brings:
- 17 years experience as a barrister and who has spent most working days in that time actually in the courtroom,
- Trained under the guidance of some of England's top barristers, some of who are now judges,
- A record of success in many different courts and in multiple fields of law,
- A legacy of working hard through 5 years of university and 19 years of education in all to build the intellectual skills that I will put to use on your behalf,
- Continuous training as approved by the Bar Council,
- Great people skills, as I am used to dealing with people from all kinds of background.
If you have a query please do not hesitate to contact me.